Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Gift Of Love in the Family

Our article this week is dedicated to the four most important and supportive people in my life. My beloved wife Patti Lougee, and my in-laws, George & Pat Fancher and Teri Fancher (my sister-in-law). My biological family, 3 brothers and 1 sister, have issues of their own from there own abusive past, so communicating with them about my PTSD and CONVERSION DISORDER is hard because they are wrapped up in their world of pain. With the loving care from my in-laws and from their encouragement to continue fighting and moving on, I have been able to find the strength inside of me to keep fighting to find happiness and contentment. Though some may not have a close relationship with their in-laws, I would not know what I would do without them. True, they have helped some with monetary gifts, but the biggest gifts they have given my wife Patti and I is LOVE. Pat Fancher, or (MOM! as I now call her) has suffered childhood pain. Teri Fancher also is dealing with childhood pain even up to today due to Polio. Still she never gives up. She is very independent and works full-time. George Fancher (or DAD!) and Patti (Fancher) Lougee also have growing up pains from losing their home to a house fire. Even though the Fancher family has suffered their own tragedy in their life, They still have been able to open their hearts to let me in and help me to overcome my tragedies.    My new family has always been their for me. When they found out what I have gone through growing up, they began to understand why I was acting out the way I was. It was them who helped me see how I was behaving, and how my behavior was embarrassing and how I needed to change. My biological family never cared enough about any of this. This is the reason I thank my in-laws and why I now consider them as my true family. Now, I no longer try to bring all the focus or attention onto myself , which was how I was raised to be because of my health. Instead, I now put THEIR interest first before my own. After seeing my therapist for 6 months, I have learned even more how important it is to have family in your life, how important to have your in-laws involved also, for your mates sake. The most important person you NEVER want to take for granted is your wife or husband. My wife Patti has been by my side every minute good and bad. I may not be here today if it was not for her giving up her time and love to help me through my PTSD, ANXIETY, and CONVERSION DISORDER. For those of you whose biological family are not close by or just do not seem to understand your illness, but yet your in-laws do, never push them away. They may be the only ones whom you can count on to help you through the toughest times when you need a helping hand. Never take them for granted. So, for my in-laws , I say "Thank You" to George Fancher, Pat Fancher, Teri Fancher, and most importantly, "Thank You" to My Wife, PATTI LOUGEE (Fancher).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this darlin! You are the best ever and don't forget that I am always here for you!

    ReplyDelete